Posted by Jennifer (the student) on June 13, 2012
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP A1 sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely sliced kale (with stems removed)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (we like a sweet onion)
- ¼ cup diced macadamia nuts (I used Trader Joe’s dry roasted & unsalted diced)
- 12 oz firm tofu (drained)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 buns/rolls of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise (I used veganaise)
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Knead together with hands until blended.
- Shape into patties. Makes 4 to 5 large sliders or 3 to 4 large regular patties.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat on stovetop.
- Add patties to pan and brown on both sides. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While patties are cooking toast buns in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Assemble burgers and top with avocado mixture and roasted peppers and/or tomatoes.
*Garnish with: tomatoes and/or roasted red bell peppers
Posted by Jennifer (the student) on June 13,2012
Hello everyone! Happy “What I Ate Wednesday”. This week has been full of lots of quick meals and snacks, I am getting ready to take the DTR test and studying has to take priority for now. Thank you Jenn for hosting the WIAW. Check out Jenn’s blog Peas and Crayons.
This is what I ate:
After my morning jog, I made a blueberry banana smoothie. Recipe
AM Snack (7:45am)
Coffee and a Nugo bar.
Another AM Snack (9:30am)
A bowl of peanut butter puffins.
A vegan Santa Fe Crispy Chickin sandwich and a green salad from the Veggie Grill.
PM Snack (3:30pm)
A banana on the run.
My husband has been making these wonderful salads a couple times a week. This salad has seared tuna, avocado, roasted red bell pepper, mixed greens and any veggies we happen to have and a simple homemade dressing.
I will post the recipe soon. Click here for the recipe.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope your day was full of healthy meals.