Posted by Jennifer (the RD) on November 30, 2012
I just got my weekly box of organic fruits and vegetables. I see that it’s time for me to start cooking more butternut squash. Yum! Here are some ways I like to prepare it:
- Cut up and roasted (with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper); also roasts well with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Butternut squash soup – a classic (it’s actually my sister that makes this for us and it is always good)
- Roasted with other winter squash and cooled, then mixed in with a salad – MY FAVORITE USE
- Sauteed squash mixed into hot pastas
- Mixed into chili (my sister makes this for us too)