- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 15 oz can of unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 tsp curry
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- ¼ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pecorino Romano cheese, grated (any hard cheese that has a salty taste should work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking pan (8” square will work).
- Cook lasagna noodles according directions on package.
- Set noodles aside to cool, keep separate because they will stick together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, curry, salt, chili powder and cumin and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Once butter is melted, add flour and combine and cook for a few minutes. Then whisk in coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 7-8 minutes until thickened. Add nutmeg, combine and set aside.
- Assemble pinwheels by laying noodles on a cutting board. First spread a layer of the pumpkin mixture and stop 1 inch from the end of the noodle. In the middle of pumpkin, spoon a line of ricotta cheese. Gently roll the noodle away from you and place seam side down in the baking pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Pour coconut milk sauce over prepared noodles and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.