Believe it or not, the holidays are already here. Most of us are on the run and ignore our diets with all the craziness that accompanies the holidays. It doesn’t help that there are so many eating opportunities around! Here are some tips for surviving the holidays:
- Take one day out of the week to plan out your meals for the week (make a shopping list, go to the market, etc.)
- Take non perishable items such as granola bars, fruit, etc. with you wherever you go so you won’t be tempted to eat too many of the tempting goodies out there
- Don’t forget to make exercise a priority, no matter how busy you are. Try not to let your busy schedule be an excuse for not exercising.
- When dining out with family and friends, pick a very simple dish that won’t contribute too many unwanted calories. Pictured above is the shoyu glazed black cod from Yamashiro in Hollywood.
- Host a holiday gathering with friends at your home so you can control the menu
- Try not to overdo it throughout the holiday season. You can’t do it all…
Does anyone else have any suggestions?