Homemade soup makes a quick, easy, nutritious and a hot filling meal. With a little creativity the possibilities of soup varieties are endless. Making soup can be a good way to use up leftovers or cleaning our your pantry. Best of all, soup is an excellent way to work more vegetable into your diet.
- Broth-based soups are low in fat and calories helping with weight control.
- Soups create a feeling of fullness helping with appetite control.
- Soups that are full of vegetables offer an immune system boost.
- Soups warming energy is comforting.
- A large pot of soup is very cost-effective. One pot provide several meals and you only need to clean the kitchen once.
So get creative and cook up some soup.
Here are a few ideas:
The best minestrone soup I have ever had! Recipe here.
White Bean & Mushroom Soup Recipe Here
Do you have a favorite soup recipe?