Have you ever made a whole chicken, or even bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, without thinking of what you could possibly pair it with? I know I do. Those that know me well know that I usually “wing it” when it comes to meal preparation. Above is half of a shredded chicken in a pan getting ready to simmer (added a cup of water, 1/2 cup cilantro,and 1 tsp. of chicken soup base and simmered for about 20 minutes, uncovered). I have made use of this starter chicken in various ways.
Here are some ideas for using your leftover chicken:
- add it to a green salad
- use it for chicken soft tacos
- make some chicken enchiladas
- I like to use the above chicken in a chicken torta
- add it to a pasta or noodle dish (I add it to asian noodle dishes quite often)
- make some chicken soup (recipe to follow)
- many other uses…..
Does anyone else have any unique ideas?