At my local farmers market, there is a corn on the cob vendor that it seems to be very popular. I have never tried the corn but I have heard it is very good. We had a few friends over for dinner recently, they are big fans of that corn on the cob and I thought I would try to recreate it at home for them. I looked a many recipes and then I sort put my own twist on it, not knowing what it was supposed to taste like. Well my experiment was a success and I heard that it was better than the corn on the cob vendors. 🙂
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 TBSP butter, at room temperature
- 4 TBSP mayonnaise
- 3-4 limes
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- taco seasoning, to taste
- A few hours before cooking the corn, blend butter, mayonnaise and lime zest from 2-3 limes, then refrigerate.
- Cook corn in the oven or on the grill.
- Once corn is cooked, brush the corn with the butter/mayonnaise mixture.
- Then rolled the corn in the cotija cheese and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Serve with lime wedges.
* I used Savory Taco Seasoning.