The strange name came about because I used to make this recipe as pancakes but often they stuck to the pan. In search of an easier way to make this recipe, I tried a muffin tin. We ended up liking them even more and found that they keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Anytime I can make a quick, easy and healthy meal that lasts for a couple of meals I am happy. 🙂
Ingredients (makes 6 to 9 muffins):
- 3-large bananas
- 3-large eggs
- ½ to ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper liners and lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas (I use a potato masher but a fork will do).
- Add the eggs to the mashed bananas and combine.
- Ladle the mixture into the muffin tin and divide equally.
- Add several blueberries to each muffin (I used a toothpick to push the blueberries into the mixture)
- Place in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, the muffin should be cooked through but not to hard.
- Remove from oven and top with what ever you like (usually I use a berry syrup and a few fresh berries on top)