- 12 oz package of extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 egg
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB finely chopped green chili
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TB olive oil
- 8 skewers
Drain additional liquid from the tofu by squeezing out the liquid, using cheese cloth. Mash tofu well and add oatmeal and all other ingredients except oil.
Form the mixture around 8 skewers.
Heat the griddle and place the kabobs carefully on the heating surface. Carefully turn to brown.
Serve with raw cut vegetables such as cucumber, onions, tomatoes, lemon wedges, etc.
Yield: 8 servings