Posted by Jennifer (the student) on June 13, 2012
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP A1 sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely sliced kale (with stems removed)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (we like a sweet onion)
- ¼ cup diced macadamia nuts (I used Trader Joe’s dry roasted & unsalted diced)
- 12 oz firm tofu (drained)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 buns/rolls of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise (I used veganaise)
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Knead together with hands until blended.
- Shape into patties. Makes 4 to 5 large sliders or 3 to 4 large regular patties.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat on stovetop.
- Add patties to pan and brown on both sides. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While patties are cooking toast buns in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Assemble burgers and top with avocado mixture and roasted peppers and/or tomatoes.
*Garnish with: tomatoes and/or roasted red bell peppers
Posted by Jennifer (the student) on May 12, 2012
Welcome to the Virtual Vegan Potluck! Thank you to Annie at An Unrefined Vegan for organizing this event! 🙂
A refreshing, quick and easy meal. Serves four:
Sesame Tofu Steak Ingredients:
- 1 medium firm block of tofu (Drained)
- 1 Tbsp. of sesame seeds
- 1Tbsp. sesame oil for earthy taste (canola or olive oil may be substituted)
- ¼ cup of Mitsukan – Ajipon (Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce or low-sodium with some citrus juice may be substituted)
Lemon/Ginger Kale Ingredients:
- 2 large bunches of fresh kale (stems removed and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 small clove of garlic (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium size white onion (chopped into bite size pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
Sesame Tofu Steak:
- slice the tofu block length wise into 4 slices
- marinate with citrus seasoned soy sauce for 30 t0 60 minutes before cooking (save the soy sauce for later)
- heat sesame oil in large pan on medium heat and add tofu slices and brown on both sides while cooking the lemon/ginger kale, (see cooking instructions below)
- in a wok or large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and then add garlic and ginger.
- sauté for few minutes and add onion, followed by the kale: add the juice of the lemon and toss as you sauté the ingredients until the kale and the onion are soft; salt and pepper to taste.
- place the lemon/ginger kale on a plate; place a tofu steak on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds
- deglaze the sesame tofu pan with the saved soy sauce and pour over the top of tofu steaks.
Explore other blogs in the Virtual Vegan Potluck.