This recipe is so tasty and rich, I do not make it very often because of that. But each time I make it wonder why I don’t make it more often.
- 16 oz package of pasta (any type you like, I used Fusilli Bacati)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz package of pancetta (I found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 oz package peas (fresh or frozen)
- Tabasco (a dash or more, to your taste)
- sea salt –to taste
- fresh ground pepper – to taste
- Cook pasta according package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes and then add the pancetta. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add the peas and combine. Set aside.
- A few minutes before the pasta is done cooking, whisk together the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese and one ladle of pasta cooking water.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, strain all water and return the pasta to the stockpot.
- Add onion mixture, Tabasco, salt and pepper to the stockpot with the pasta and combine. Then add the egg and cheese mixture and thoroughly combine. Then let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Then serve and enjoy.
- I like this topped with a little fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
- My pasta took a long time to cook but if you are using thinner pasta that cooks quickly, it might work out better if the onions were sautéed before starting the pasta.