Almonds are one of the world’s most popular nuts, with all the health benefits almonds offer; it is easy to understand their long-standing popularity. Just one serving a day, ¼ cup, provides countless health benefits.
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Helps to maintain & lower cholesterol levels
- Improves blood flow & promotes normal blood pressure
- Protects against diabetes by lessening surges in blood sugar
- Boosts memory
- Strengthens bones
- Lowers risk of developing gallstones
- Helps with weight loss & maintenance
- Monounsaturated Fat (healthy fat)
- Vitamin E (antioxidant)
- Copper, Phosphorus, Riboflavin
Almonds are so easy to work into your daily diet. I always keep a large jar of raw, unsalted almonds in my pantry. They are a quick, easy portable snack. In addition, I like to sprinkle slivered almonds on cereal or salads they add a nice crunch. Almond milk is great in coffee and can be used to replace dairy milk in most recipes. No matter how you add almonds to your diet, your health will benefit.