This recipe is simple to make. It is filling and healthy. Every time I make this dish I feel like I am having a treat. Usually I make a Banana Scramble once or twice a week. It can be topped with nuts, berries or even chocolate chips.
- 2 Bananas
- 6 Tbsp Rolled Oats (I buy bulk oatmeal)
- 4 Tbsp Almond Milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use creamy)
- 2 tsp Coconut (finely shredded & unsweetened)
- 2 tsp Honey or Agave or Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
Mix all ingredients together and mash in bananas with a fork. Preheat pan to medium to medium-high, coat with a small amount of vegan butter. Cook 3 minutes and then gently fold over and cook another 3 minutes, should be lightly browned.
This makes 2 large servings.