I found this recipe at my mom’s house at Thanksgiving. We love this simple recipe so much, I make almost once a week. It is a great way to get more vegetables in your diet.
Adapted from Melissa McCarthy’s recipe
- 2 bags of frozen broccoli
- 1 bag frozen soycotash (Trader Joe’s edemame succotash)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- few sprinkles garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large stockpot , over medium high heat, add broccoli, soycotash and chicken broth.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes with pot partially covered.
- Puree with an immersion blender until slightly chunky.
- Serve and enjoy.
* Regular frozen succotash or frozen green beans will also work, instead of the soycotash.