I have not had pasta in a long time and I wanted some that was creamy. So for a week I have been playing around with different versions of this dish and I think this was the best. I hope you enjoy it, it really satisfied my need for some creamy pasta.
- Olive oil (for pan)
- 3 cups pasta (penne or what ever you have)
- ½ pound Italian sausage, casings removed (I used vegan sausage)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 oz jar of marinara pasta sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese (vegan cream cheese will work)
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (Daiya cheese will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to the directions on package. Drain and place cooked pasta in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, brown sausage, onion and mushroom. If there is any oil or liquid left after browning, drain off.
- To skillet add garlic, marinara sauce, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook a few minutes until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in pasta and pour into greased baking pan.
- Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Wait 5 minutes before serving.
- 10. Enjoy.