Posted by Jennifer (The RD) on July 3,2013
I make this fried rice because it’s easy, and I can make it super fast. I know that pork products are really popular in fried rice, but I use flavored ground turkey. 🙂
½ lb. extra lean ground turkey
¼ cup diced onion
1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
1 TB canola oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 carrot, sliced extra thin
½ cup frozen peas
1 package frozen Jasmine and red/black rice from Fresh and Easy
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add 1 ½ tsp. oil to a medium skillet and heat with ¾ tsp. ground ginger for about 20-30 seconds on medium heat. Add the ground turkey, onion, and soy sauce and heat until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and save for later.
- Scramble the egg and set aside with the ground turkey.
- Add another 1 ½ tsp. oil 1nd ¼ tsp. ginger to the pan and sauté the carrots and pepper until barely tender. Add back the turkey and egg and mix together. Then, add the rice. When all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add the frozen peas and incorporate until they are warmed through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.