Welcome to the Virtual Vegan Potluck! Thank you to Annie at An Unrefined Vegan for organizing this event!
A refreshing, quick and easy meal. Serves four:
Sesame Tofu Steak Ingredients:
- 1 medium firm block of tofu (Drained)
- 1 Tbsp. of sesame seeds
- 1Tbsp. sesame oil for earthy taste (canola or olive oil may be substituted)
- ¼ cup of Mitsukan – Ajipon (Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce or low-sodium with some citrus juice may be substituted)
Lemon/Ginger Kale Ingredients:
- 2 large bunches of fresh kale (stems removed and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 small clove of garlic (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium size white onion (chopped into bite size pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
Sesame Tofu Steak:
- slice the tofu block length wise into 4 slices
- marinate with citrus seasoned soy sauce for 30 t0 60 minutes before cooking (save the soy sauce for later)
- heat sesame oil in large pan on medium heat and add tofu slices and brown on both sides while cooking the lemon/ginger kale, (see cooking instructions below)
- in a wok or large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and then add garlic and ginger.
- sauté for few minutes and add onion, followed by the kale: add the juice of the lemon and toss as you sauté the ingredients until the kale and the onion are soft; salt and pepper to taste.
- place the lemon/ginger kale on a plate; place a tofu steak on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds
- deglaze the sesame tofu pan with the saved soy sauce and pour over the top of tofu steaks.
Explore other blogs in the Virtual Vegan Potluck.