This is a recipe that I did a makeover on. The original recipe was a contribution by my boss Georgia. 🙂 I included the nutritional analyses for before and after.
Ingredients for the cake:
6 TBSP Lite Margarine (I used Smart Balance spread in a tub)
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated white sugar
4 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 TBSP baking soda
1 package sugar free vanilla pudding (1.3 oz.)
1 cup fat free, plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP Lite Margarine (I used Smart Balance spread in a tub)
6 oz. MINI semi sweet morsels
¼ cup quick cooking oats
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Cream butter and add brown and white sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla and blend together.
- Combine flour, pudding mix and baking soda. Then add to creamed mixture alternately with the yogurt.
- Combine topping ingredients; may have to blend together with your fingers to make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Spray a 9X13 inch pan with cooking spray and spoon batter evenly into it. Sprinkle chocolate morsel mixture over the mixture evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
Nutritional info per piece (cut into 16 pieces): Calories 255 (original recipe had 410 calories), Fat 6.5 g, 23 % of calories (original recipe had 23.5 grams, 52% of calories), Sodium 377 mg (original recipe had 352 mg), carbohydrate, 43 grams (original recipe has 44 grams)
THIS RECIPE REDUCES THE ANMOUNT OF FAT BY 3 ½ TSPS PER PIECE!!!