I have seen lots of pictures on Pinterset of the Hasselback potatoes and finally I decided to try them for myself. I am so glad I tried these potatoes they are so tasty, soft inside and crispy on the outside. I will be making theses often.
Inspired by Foodie Wife
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste (I used Herbamare)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place a potato in a bowl of a large wooden spoon; the spoon will act as a guide when slicing the potato. Cut across at about 1/8 intervals, without cutting through the potato.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the olive oil.
- Lightly brush prepared baking sheet with butter/olive oil.
- Drizzle the remaining butter/ olive oil.
- Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 to 20 minutes.
- The flesh should be tender and the outside should be crispy.
- 10. Remove from the oven and serve.
- 11. Enjoy!
- I have also seen versions of these potatoes with cheese that will be my next attempt.
- These can also be made with Russet, New Potatoes or just regular baking potatoes.