I have been feeling a little under the weather lately and two remedies have helped me feel better. I have been drinking plenty of my Ginger Asian Pear Tea (recipe) and Homemade Shower Bombs made with Essential Oils.
Essential oils gently help with nasal congestion. So many different oils are helpful for a cold. I used lavender and eucalyptus because that is what I had on hand and it smelled great. Other opinions would be sandalwood, cedar wood, peppermint, rosemary, thyme, frankincense, hyssop, tea tree, lemon and pine. With so many choices, you can make up your own custom scent.
Ingredients (for 6 shower bombs):
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- essential oils of your choice
- foil cupcake liners (paper sticks)
- spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray foil cupcake liners with olive oil.
- Combine baking soda and water in a mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into 6 muffin cups.
- Liberally sprinkle with essential oils and gently blend with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin tin, while still warm.
- After cooling completely, add a few more drops of essential oil to each.
- Storage in airtight container.
- To used, place on shower floor just before getting into the shower.