Posted by Jennifer (the student) on January 18, 2013
Having had a cold for almost two weeks now, I have been looking for something different than just plain tea or water. This drink is an Arnold Palmer highbred. It has been so soothing on my throat and actually has enough flavors that I can taste it. This is my new favorite drink and would be good year round and not just when you are sick.
- 10 cups of water (5 cups boiled)
- 1 inch of ginger (peeled and sliced)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 decaf tea bags (I have used Trader Joe’s Bedtime Tea)
- 10oz can of frozen concentrate lemonade (I used Cascadian Farm)
- Boiled 5 cups of water with ginger in a large pot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Drop in tea bags and let steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in frozen concentrate lemonade.
- Once lemonade has dissolved, add the last 5 cups of cold water and combine.
- Transfer to a pitcher and should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- I use Cascadian Farm frozen concentrate lemonade because it is sweetened with organic white grape juice. Most juice concentrates are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, which we try to avoid.
- I used decaf tea, so I could drink it day or night. But any tea of your liking could be used.