We have all had times in our lives when we may be feeling a little “off.” I know that I have gone through periods when nothing seems to be going my way. Feeling down once in a while is completely normal. Unfortunately, busy schedules, difficulties at work or at or home, or other distractions can keep us from addressing these feelings. I thought I’d share a few pick me ups I try to utilize when I am feeling a little down:
- Go for a walk if the weather is nice. It’s amazing what a little sun and fresh air will do
- Watch a funny movie. Laughter really is great medicine! I never get tired of “Happy Gilmore” for some reason.
- Hang out with your pet. My Kasper gives me an endless supply of unconditional love!
- Call a friend and tell them how much you appreciate them. This takes the focus off of you and on something positive. It’s a great feeling.
- Listen to some upbeat music.
- Buy yourself some flowers. This is a real new one for me. This was a recommendation from my co worker. She told me that she goes to buy flowers every Thursday and it always makes her feel good. She always has a positive and cheery attitude. These were her exact words to me: “Joe Blow doesn’t know what kind of flowers you like. Only you do. Buy them for yourself.” She was right. Just a simple arrangement can brighten any room and your mood too!