This was a really fun treat that I made for our dialysis patients that are unable to consume any dairy products due to their dietary restrictions. It is also a great recipe for those that are lactose intolerant. Mocha mix used to make a non dairy ice cream but the product was discontinued. It was great to see our patients enjoy something they thought they could never have again. If you have an ice cream maker, you can make this at home. I borrowed Jennifer’s…thanks Jen!!!!!
1 cup low cholesterol egg product
½ cup sugar
2 cups non dairy creamer (I used Mocha Mix)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Rock salt and ice (for ice cream maker)
- Using a 1 quart, microwaveable bowl, beat egg product and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in non-dairy creamer and microwave for 1 minute, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. When cool, stir in vanilla
- Pour mixture into the center container of the ice cream maker
- Layer ice and rock salt around container alternating layers until bucket is full.
- Process according to manufacturer’s instructions for your particular maker