This is a recipe that reminds me of fall. My mom would make this every year sometime before Halloween and sometimes again before Thanksgiving. This cake is so moist and it make a great dessert but is also good for breakfast.
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup margarine (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups plus 1 TBSP flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ pound apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 12 x 7 baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, margarine and eggs.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Slowly mix flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Once combines fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven.