This is a dish my mom used to make and I almost forgot about until I found the recipe a few years as I was looking through her recipe box. Every time I make it my husband loves it and it is so simple. I have tried to make it a little healthier by using Pacific Organic Condensed Soups. Usually I divide this into to baking dishes and I freeze one and used the other for dinner that night.
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 dozen corn tortillas, cut into stripes
- 1-12oz box Pacific cream of chicken soup
- 1-12oz box Pacific cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk (any kind you like)
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 oz salsa verde
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soups, milk, salsa and onion and blend.
- In a baking dish, layer tortillas, chicken, liquid mixture and cheese and repeat layering one more time.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for the 24 hrs or freeze.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
* We usually serve it with a few avocado slices.